Monday, January 31, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad!

In honor of my father's birthday, today, I'd like to share with you a very easy, delicious cake recipe my friend, Mazal, gave me from the Yeshivas Chofetz Chaim Sisterhood Cookbook.
 
Leah's Easy Applesauce Cake
         Ingredients
  • 2 cups (256 grams) flour
  • 2 cups (200 grams) sugar
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 tsp baking Powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup (237 ml) oil
  • 1 cup (237 ml) apple sauce (half a can)
Mix dry ingredients well. Add in the wet ones. Mix well; make sure there isn't dry flour at the bottom of the bowl. Bake at 180C / 350F for about 45 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I love the simplicity of this recipe. It's a great recipe for the 'oh my goodness, it's an hour before shabbos and I don't have any dessert in the house' emergency! Or the 'my neighbor had a baby boy three hours before shabbos and there's no way I can send anything for the shalom zachor' emergency. In short, looks like a great cake for many occasions!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...