Sunday, November 7, 2010

Easy Prep Chicken

This was an easy and tasty chicken dish I made as I was rushing to get dinner in the oven and shower in the time before sunset on Friday night.  But mostly I want to show off my new silicone brush.  I really wanted a green one, but my daughter was with me and she felt the pink would be a more prudent choice.
I covered the bottom of the pan with frozen green beans, then put on "fresh" chicken drum sticks and topped it with chopped onions and tomato paste.  I covered it and cooked it for quite some time.  The onions were sweet and juicy and the green beans were tasty... if you don't mind them limp.

Kid tip - When I use tomato paste, I call it ketchup and my kids are more likely to eat it.  My son insists he hates tomatoes, though he loves sun-dried tomatoes, tomato sauce, and ketchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...