- Pan cook chicken legs, turkey, or chicken or beef cut of choice. Remove meat from pan, but leave oil and bits.
- Fry sliced shallots (or onions) and mushrooms in ample oil and/or margarine in the same pan.
- Sprinkle generously with flour and continue cooking on medium-low.
- Add white wine, beer, or broth and scrape up yummy bits.
- Add green olives, capers, sun-dried tomatoes, or other ingredients (optional) and return chicken to the pan.
- Continue cooking if necessary or cover and keep warm until ready to eat.
Friday, June 24, 2011
Chicken in Mushroom Shallot Sauce
stock. Whether or not the bones make it to the table, I still have to cut my kids food, so making bite size pieces ahead of time means we can all enjoy our food with less table work.