Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pre-Pesach Kosher Cooking Carnival


Chodesh tov! I've been hearing people mentioning Pesach for over a month, and until recently, it hadn't quite clicked why. According to my daughter, the families of all her friends in our building are already done cleaning for Pesach! When she interrogated me about my Pesach cleaning, I assured her that I had begun... by cleaning out a couple boxes of cookies.

Well, the month of Nisan has arrived! I now give you all permission to begin your Pesach preparations, and even mention the 'P' word without me growling in return.

This week I am giddy with excitement to welcome a new member into our home, specifically, my kitchen - a Magimix food processor. It only cost half a years worth of diapers! I just can't stop thinking about it. It actually makes me want to clean faster so I'll have more time in the kitchen to chop and whip  things up like Pesach brownies, Homemade Gefilte fishCauliflower Tabouleh, Banana Ice Cream, quick tomato sauce for Shakshouka (pictured), and "Fresh" Sriracha - Homemade Hot Sauce.

I'm also going to make lots more of Faye Levy’s Almond Macaroons posted by Miriyummy.


Then after Pesach I hope to make more bread, like Easy Awesome Onion Challah (where I can use the Magimix to chop the onions and knead the dough) and stuffed focaccia like the Focaccia Hamentashen I made for Purim.

I love the idea of Schlissel Challah, Key Shaped Bread Baked After Passover (pictured) made by Creative Jewish Mom Sarah Rivka.

I could whip up Chaviva's No-bake Peanut Butter Mousse Pie or make a giant batch of Lavash/Laffa Bread posted on Challah Maidel.

Or maybe I'll mix up a giant batch of cookies and freeze some! Batya shared a simple cookie "nonrecipe" in Not Exactly The Recipe, But....


Before we continue, I want to congratulate Hannah Katsman, of Cooking Manager and A Mother in Israel, on the birth of her first eBook! I've always looked up to Hannah as something of a conservation guru. Her mother had some extreme, but very novel ideas, on saving food, water, and energy. I have personally read every last word, and I can tell you that I had much to learn about the way my appliances worked and how I can get the most from them. Check it out: Cook Smart! Learn the Secrets of Your Kitchen Appliances

Welcome to our new blogger, Liron Yankonsky. Liron's blog teaches how to draw and discusses Art in the Middle East. Check out the post on Israeli (and Middle Eastern) Foods! (Pictured: Illstration of Jachnun, eggs, and grated tomato.)

Ruti made some delicious looking food in Shabbat on a Budget, posted at Ki Yachol Nuchal!

Batya over at me-ander was a prolific poster this month. She discussed Eating Kosher in Atlanta, Georgia and her New Coffee Treat, The French Press asking, "How about Shabbat use?" Batya had a couple unfortunate restaurant experiences. Have any of you ever gotten yelled at for taking pictures in a restaurant  store, or the shuk?

Jay3fer made Pareve Chocolate Caramel Cookies for Shabbos (pictured), posted at Adventures in BreadLand, saying, "Mmm... definitely one for the "can't believe it's pareve" category!" If you have challah dough to use up before Passover, try her Quick Yeasty "Leftover" Rogelach.

I want to thank Jennifer for turning me on to pareve coconut dulce de leche. (Just posted it to my Pinterest board!) I love her enthusiasm in posting her Pineapple Upside-downishness (pictured).

As always, Food Bridge has a wonderful feast for the eyes. Sarah posted Flowers With My Toast.

Kosher for Passover

I, Yosefa, wrote my tips for How to Make Great Chicken Soup, including matzoh ball tips. I also recently started making "Fresh" Sriracha - Homemade Hot Sauce. Here, at Cooking Outside the Box.

JPix made Zucchini Dill Soup - Creamy Smooth Zucchini Soup with Dill posted at Here in HP. I think I can smell it right off my screen - Mmm mmm!

Liz, over at Cafe Liz, posted a Springtime Matzo Ball Broth with asparagus.

Bonnie shared a healthy twist on KFP lasagna, Matzoh Cheese Roll-Ups, on BRG Health Solutions. I'd call them KFP cannelloni. Yum!

Yosef, of This American Bite, reviewed the book Passover Made Easy (it sounds great!) and shared a recipe for Sugar Free Pickled Beets and Turnips.

Batya, of me-ander, also shared a simple way to prepare Japanese eggplant - Special Eggplant Recipe From My Friend and her matzah brei recipe to Finish That Matzah!

May you all have a kosher and happy Passover!

That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of kosher cooking carnival-kcc using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.

Share |

Technorati tags: , .

3 comments:

  1. Chodesh Tov! Thanks so much for this wonderful Kosher Cooking Carnival  and for including my posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the key challach idea, 1st time I see it I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great weekend, and thank you so much for including my drawn foods! (=

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...