Sunday, August 19, 2012

Gluten-free 3-cheese Vegetable Lasagna



This dish is heavy on the prep, but very rewarding. My husband and I decided we liked the leftovers even better, hot or cold.

Avi watching me slice eggplant
Fried eggplant

You will need three cheeses:
  • Something salty (I used Bulgarit)
  • Something soft like ricotta or cottage cheese
  • Something stretchy and melty like mozzerella (I used "gvina tzuba", something like Edam.)
Thick tomato sauce (I used homemade)

At least two vegetables, ready to eat:

  • Pre-fried or grilled zucchini
  • Pre-fried or grilled eggplant (You must salt and rinse it first.)
  • Thinly sliced tomatoes
  • Anything of your choice from mushrooms to fresh spinach.

crepe prep
frying crepes and zucchini




A stack of thin, just barely cooked, "Passover Crepes." Use three times this recipe. (Prepare extra if you're new to crepe-making.)

layering zucchini, Bulgarit cheese, and crepes
Smooth layer of crepes


Alternate layers of crepes, veggies, sauce, and cheese, until the pan in full. Top with the cheese that melts. Bake until the whole thing is hot and the top is golden brown.

1 comment:

  1. This was one of the best dishes we had on Passover. I hope we have it again next year.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...