Sunday, April 20, 2014

Improvisational Flour-less Chocolate Cake

Before Pesach I made Brownies, but I overcooked them and forgot to add nuts. They were a bit disappointing.  This week I wanted something chocolaty, but more moist and less traditional. I whipped these up:



LOL: Prunes "without a nucleus"
  • 2 small carrots, peeled
  • 2 red apples, peeled
  • 2 bags (400 grams/ 14 oz.) of pitted plums
  • 4 large eggs
  • 3/4 c oil
  • 1 cup potato starch
  • 1 cup cocoa powder
  • 2 bags (400 grams) walnuts, chopped
  • fresh ground cinnamon and nutmeg
  • Salt

Bake at 350 F/170 C for about 20 minutes depending on ingredients and thickness.

I encourage you to experiment with leftovers to make your own cakes and brownies. 

Do you have leftover cooked sweet potato, charoset, or applesauce? Over-ripe bananas, peaches, or pears? Throw it in! Add finely ground nuts for body. (Feel free to add baking soda or baking powder.)

I especially love to cook with kids and give them the reins with what and how much to add.
Please comment and tell me about your own baking improvisations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...