Friday, April 20, 2012

What's In Season - Spring - Artichokes

There is a beauty to produce that is not available year round. This morning my husband actually seemed excited that we had artichokes. "We haven't had those since you were pregnant!" Yup, that's how seasonal food works!

I went to the shuk this Tuesday and got four artichokes, two packages of strawberries, chard, giant pink lady apples, and a bunch of flowers (among other less exciting things).

Right now I have the artichokes roasting in the oven. I've never made them in the oven before, but I used Chef John's technique for Simply Roasted Artichokes.



Garlic and loquats ('shesek' in Hebrew) are also in season.



I love this kind of flower because they don't need ANY water and they last a long time. I forget what they are called. My husband thinks they are quite ugly when I bring them home, but these opened beautifully.



Shabbat Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...