Thursday, February 23, 2017

"Live" Tahini with Preserved Lemon and Garlic

Healthy tehina/tahina/tachina/tahini dressing or dip or sauce

I make this dip most weeks. We dip bread in it on Sabbath and I use it as salad dressing during the week. It would also be excellent drizzled over eggplant.

I do all this with my stick blender, so you will want a tall cup that fits a stick blender.

You CAN do this by hand, but you will need to finely chop all the solids.


INGREDIENTS
  • 1/2 cup tahini paste (I use Ethiopian or sprouted Tahini)
  • 3/4 cup water (less for thicker dip)
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1, 2, or 3 cloves of garlic - preferably fermented (I use the cloves that are left after we eat all the pickles. Fresh or frozen are fine, but adjust for the potency.)
  • 1/8 of a preserved lemon, seeds removed
  • juice from 1/4 lemon
  • 1/4 tsp salt
* If you don't have preserved lemon, use the juice from half a lemon or more to taste and 1/2 tsp salt in place of 3 ingredients above.

Add all ingredients to cup. Blend or mix until tahini turns white and smooth.
Add

  • 1 small bunch of parsley leaves, optional
If using a blender, pulse to chop parsley. You may want to keep a couple leaves for garnish.

Now here's the tough part: Transfer to a closed container without eating it all.




1 comment:

  1. I see the greatest contents on your blog and I extremely love reading them.

    garlic benefits for men
    http://nonrecipe.blogspot.com/2017/02/tahini-preserved-lemon-garlic.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...