I make this dip most weeks. We dip bread in it on Sabbath and I use it as salad dressing during the week. It would also be excellent drizzled over eggplant.
I do all this with my stick blender, so you will want a tall cup that fits a stick blender.
You CAN do this by hand, but you will need to finely chop all the solids.
- 1/2 cup tahini paste (I use Ethiopian or sprouted Tahini)
- 3/4 cup water (less for thicker dip)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1, 2, or 3 cloves of garlic - preferably fermented (I use the cloves that are left after we eat all the pickles. Fresh or frozen are fine, but adjust for the potency.)
- 1/8 of a preserved lemon, seeds removed
- juice from 1/4 lemon
- 1/4 tsp salt
Add all ingredients to cup. Blend or mix until tahini turns white and smooth.
- 1 small bunch of parsley leaves, optional
If using a blender, pulse to chop parsley. You may want to keep a couple leaves for garnish.
Now here's the tough part: Transfer to a closed container without eating it all.