Other Passover Desserts (all gluten-free, non-gebroks):
Banana Ice Cream
I've had a rough relationship with meringues. For years I would try making meringues and encounter one of several problems:
- My cheap hand mixer was insufficient or the motor would overheat before I had "stiff peaks."
- My own hand with whisk got tired before I reached "stiff peaks."
- I added the sugar too fast.
- I tried to make too big of a batch.
- My "stiff peaks" collapsed when I added cocoa powder.
- I got too creative "folding in" other ingredients and my meringues collapsed or turned to soup.
There's no reason to dump perfectly good egg whites just because they didn't 'peak'. With just a little encouragement and support, those whites can grow up into some very unique cookies that your family and guests will go NUTS over!
Chocolate Walnut Cookies
If you haven't already added cocoa powder to your whites, do it now. I usually start with about: